- What products do I need to purchase to be eligible for the promotion?
Purchase a set of four (4) or more MICHELIN passenger car tyres with a diameter of 16 inches or below or a set of four (4) MICHELIN light truck tyres to receive $50 gift card. Purchase a set of four (4) or more MICHELIN passenger car tyres with a diameter of 17 inch and above or a set of four (4) MICHELIN recreational tyres to receive $100 gift card.
- When does this promotion start and end?
The promotion will commence at 7.30am AEDST in Participating Dealers 1st November 2019 and ends at close of business in Participating Dealers on 31 January 2020.
- When do I need to submit my claim by?
All claims must be registered online no later than 11.59pm AEDST on 31 January 2020.
- How do I contact you about this promotion?
The best way to contact us is via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I entered a different name on the entry form, from the name on the receipt. Is this ok?
No, it is not. The name/entrant on the entry form must match the name on the receipt, in order to be eligible for this promotion.
- I don't have access to email or the internet is there another way I can enter?
Unfortunately not, you will need to find a family member or friend who can do this for you on your behalf.
- Why don't I get an email back straight away after registering?
Sometimes there are short delays in email transmission. If you have not received a confirmation email within an hour, you may have entered an incorrect email address. It is also possible that your email service provider is blocking this mail as Spam or Junk mail. Please check your Spam and Junk Mail folders.
- I have been given The MICHELIN Gift Card, how does it work?
The MICHELIN Gift Card is a pre-paid EFTPOS card that carries a certain amount of spending power. The eftpos card is activated; the eftpos card can be used at any location where eftpos is accepted (with the funds on the card becoming active the next business day for a period of twelve (12) months. The date of issue for the eftpos cards received via post will be the date the respective eftpos card is posted, which will appear on the issuing letter.
Each time the Gift Card is used to make a purchase, that purchase amount is deducted from the Card's available balance. Once the value has been exhausted, it cannot be used for more purchases.
- Do I select "Credit, Cheque or Savings" at the EFTPOS terminal?
Always select "Savings" and when asked for the PIN, enter the 4-digit PIN that is under the scratch panel on the back of the Gift Card.
- Is the physical card required to be used at the EFTPOS device to authorise my purchase when using The MICHELIN Gift Card?
Yes. The retailer must use the EFTPOS pin pad provided when redeeming a Gift Card for goods or services as directed by the POS terminal.
- How do I know if The MICHELIN Gift Card can be validated and redeemed using the EFTPOS pin pad?
EFTPOS is the financial platform on which The MICHELIN Gift Card operates on. These cards cannot be used online or for any 'card not present' transactions (mail or phone orders). By following the steps to redeem the Gift Card, and provided there is sufficient balance, the EFTPOS pin pad should return an authorised transaction message to the merchant.
- Where can The MICHELIN Gift Card be used?
The Gift Card can be used to make purchases at any EFTPOS merchant, subject to the merchant's discretion. The Gift Card cannot be used to withdraw cash at ATM or EFTPOS facilities.
- Can I use The MICHELIN Gift Card to get cash out of the ATM?
No, the Gift Card cannot be used to withdraw cash at ATM or EFTPOS facilities.
- Is the balance updated automatically?
Yes. Each time you use The MICHELIN Gift Card, the purchase amount is automatically deducted from the Card balance as it is swiped through the EFTPOS pin pad and the transaction approved. If the transaction is declined the funds are not deducted as there is not enough balance to allow the transaction to be completed. You, the cardholder, can check the balance of your Gift Card online at http://theperfectgiftcard.com.au. It is recommended that you check your balance each time before using your Gift Card.
- What do I do if the EFTPOS pin pad does not approve my MICHELIN Gift Card transaction?
Check the following:
- The EFTPOS network may be off-line. You as the customer will need to provide another payment type or come back when the EFTPOS system is up. You cannot use the gift card when the system is off-line.
- The Gift Card's magnetic stripe may be damaged. Please contact the Card provider at http://theperfectgiftcard.com.au for further information.
- There may be insufficient funds left on the Gift Card for the transaction. Please check your Card balance online at http://theperfectgiftcard.com.au.
- The Gift Card may have expired. Check the expiry date on the back of the Card - which is calculated by adding one year from the Date of Issue. You can also find the expiry date by checking your Gift Card balance on http://theperfectgiftcard.com.au.
- How can I replace my MICHELIN Gift Card if it is not working?
The only time the Card Provider will replace a Card is when:
- the Gift Card is valid (i.e. it has not expired);
- there is available balance remaining on the card; and
- the Cardholder is in possession of the physical card.
Contact the Card Provider on 1300 809 791 and ensure you have the 18 digit number from the Gift Card as well as the 4-digit PIN found on the back of the card present as you will be required to provide this information.
- How can I check The MICHELIN Gift Card's available balance?
You can check your Gift Card balance at http://theperfectgiftcard.com.au
by selecting 'Gift Card Balance' from the website's navigation menu. You will then be prompted to enter the 18 digit number on the Gift Card as well as the 4-digit PIN found on the back of the card. The resulting search page will show the available balance remaining, as well as the most recent transaction summary.
- Can I see a list of transactions made with The MICHELIN Gift Card?
Yes. You can view your Gift Card balance and transaction history at http://theperfectgiftcard.com.au
- Do I have to spend the entire amount of The MICHELIN Gift Card in a single purchase?
No. Gift Cards are partially redeemable. Within the Gift Card's validity period, any available balance can be used for multiple purchases at any participating merchant.
- Can The MICHELIN Gift Card be reloaded with value?
No, these Gift Cards cannot be re-loaded.
- Does The MICHELIN Gift Card expire?
Yes, a Gift Card will expire 12 months (1 year) from the date of issuance.
- What happens if I have not used all of the funds when The MICHELIN Gift Card expires?
Whatever value is left on the Gift Card after its expiry will not be available to you. We encourage you to use your Gift Card before it expires.
- Do I receive change on a MICHELIN Gift Card transaction?
No. The Gift Card can be used until the balance reaches a nil value, no matter how small the balance.
- What if the value of the purchase I want to make is greater than the value/balance on The MICHELIN Gift Card?
You will need to supplement the additional value with cash or another payment method that is accepted by the merchant.
- What happens if I lose The MICHELIN Gift Card or it is stolen?
Lost, stolen, damaged or expired Gift Cards cannot be replaced or refunded. Please refer to the terms and conditions at http://theperfectgiftcard.com.au/terms-conditions/
- Are there terms & conditions that apply to The MICHELIN Gift Card?
Yes, a brief summary of the terms & conditions are printed on the back of the Gift Card. You can view the full terms & conditions at http://theperfectgiftcard.com.au/terms-conditions/
- Are there any fees for using The MICHELIN Gift Card or checking the Gift Card balance or transaction history?
No, there are no fees associated with use of The MICHELIN Gift Card or checking the Gift Card's balance or transactions.
- Can the MICHELIN Gift Card be used to make purchases online?
No. The Gift Card can only be used when the physical card is present.
- What happens if an item was purchased with The MICHELIN Gift Card and needs to be returned?
Each merchant will handle returns as per their own policies and may issue a cash refund or store credit. Funds cannot be returned to the Gift Card.
- Can the MICHELIN Gift Card be used for direct debit bill paying, like a phone or internet bill?
No, the Gift Card cannot be used for recurring payments or direct debit bills. However, if it is a once off payment and is made in person, for example at the post office, where the store accepts EFTPOS payments - you may then use the Gift Card for this purpose, subject to the merchant's discretion.