- What Gift Card amount am I eligible for?
The gift an individual will be eligible to receive will depend on the type of tyres purchased in the Qualifying Transaction, as follows:
Individuals who purchase a set of four (4) or more Michelin 16-inch size tyres or below that size will receive a gift of a $50 eftpos gift card; or
Individuals who purchase a set of four (4) or more Michelin 17-inch size tyres or above that size or MICHELIN Recreation/SUV tyres will receive a gift of a $100 eftpos gift card.
There is a strict limit of one (1) gift per Qualifying Transaction/invoice, regardless whether the number of eligible tyres purchased in that transaction is in excess of four (4) MICHELIN tyres.
- How do I go in the "Sepang, Malaysia" competition?
To enter the competition, please visit Michelin Australia's Facebook Page www.facebook.com/michelinaunz and comment on the MICHELIN Driving Experience Post in 25 words or less why "you and a friend should go on the Michelin Passion Experience in Sepang, Malaysia?" by Monday 15th July 2019.
- What if I was a BOB JANE T-MARTS, JAX QUICKFIX, COSTCO, TYREPLUS, MICHELIN Service Centre customer who received Cash Back? Will I still be in the draw to win the "Sepang, Malaysia" prize?
Yes - However, you are not eligible for a Gift Card as instant Cash Back was already redeemed at point of purchase.
- When will the winner of the "Sepang, Malaysia" competition be announced?
The prize draw will take place on 17 July at 12pm AEST, where the first valid Qualified Individual drawn in the prize draw will be determined.
- How will the winner of the "Sepang, Malaysia" prize be announced?
The Winner will be notified by telephone and email within two (2) business days of the draw, in writing by way of email and their name will be published on the this website.
- I have been given The MICHELIN Gift Card, how does it work?
The MICHELIN Gift Card is a pre-paid EFTPOS card that carries a certain amount of spending power. Each time the Gift Card is used to make a purchase, that purchase amount is deducted from the Card's available balance. Once the value has been exhausted, it cannot be used for more purchases.
- Do I select "Credit, Cheque or Savings" at the EFTPOS terminal?
Always select "Savings" and when asked for the PIN, enter the 4-digit PIN that is under the scratch panel on the back of the Gift Card.
- Is the physical Card required to be used at the EFTPOS device to authorise my purchase when using The MICHELIN Gift Card?
Yes. The retailer must use the EFTPOS pin pad provided when redeeming a Gift Card for goods or services as directed by the POS terminal.
- How do I know if The MICHELIN Gift Card can be validated and redeemed using the EFTPOS pin pad?
EFTPOS is the financial platform on which The MICHELIN Gift Card operates on. These cards cannot be used online or for any 'card not present' transactions (mail or phone orders). By following the steps to redeem the Gift Card, and provided there is sufficient balance, the EFTPOS pin pad should return an authorised transaction message to the merchant.
- Where can The MICHELIN Gift Card be used?
The Gift Card can be used to make purchases at any EFTPOS merchant, subject to the merchant's discretion. The Gift Card cannot be used to withdraw cash at ATM or EFTPOS facilities.
- Can I use The MICHELIN Gift Card to get cash out of the ATM?
No, the Gift Card cannot be used to withdraw cash at ATM or EFTPOS facilities.
- Is the balance updated automatically?
Yes. Each time you use The MICHELIN Gift Card, the purchase amount is automatically deducted from the Card balance as it is swiped through the EFTPOS pin pad and the transaction approved. If the transaction is declined the funds are not deducted as there is not enough balance to allow the transaction to be completed. You, the cardholder, can check the balance of your Gift Card online at www.promo.michelin.com.au. It is recommended that you check your balance each time before using your Gift Card.
- What do I do if the EFTPOS pin pad does not approve my MICHELIN Gift Card transaction?
Check the following:
- The EFTPOS network may be off-line. You as the customer will need to provide another payment type or come back when the EFTPOS system is up. You cannot use the gift card when the system is off-line.
- The Gift Card's magnetic stripe may be damaged. Please contact the Card provider at www.promo.michelin.com.au for further information.
- There may be insufficient funds left on the Gift Card for the transaction. Please check your Card balance online at www.promo.michelin.com.au.
- The Gift Card may have expired. Check the expiry date on the back of the Card - which is calculated by adding one year from the Date of Issue. You can also find the expiry date by checking your Gift Card balance on www.promo.michelin.com.au.
- How can I replace my MICHELIN Gift Card if it is not working?
The only time the Card Provider will replace a Card is when:
- the Gift Card is valid (i.e. it has not expired);
- there is available balance remaining on the card; and
- the Cardholder is in possession of the physical card.
Contact the Card Provider through the Contact Us section of this website and ensure you have the 18 digit number from the Gift Card as well as the 4-digit PIN found on the back of the card present as you will be required to provide this information.
- How can I check The MICHELIN Gift Card's available balance?
You can check your Gift Card balance at www.promo.michelin.com.au by selecting 'Gift Card Balance' from the website's navigation menu. You will then be prompted to enter the 18 digit number on the Gift Card as well as the 4-digit PIN found on the back of the card. The resulting search page will show the available balance remaining, as well as the most recent transaction summary.
- Can I see a list of transactions made with The MICHELIN Gift Card?
Yes. You can view your Gift Card balance and transaction history at www.promo.michelin.com.au
- Do I have to spend the entire amount of The MICHELIN Gift Card in a single purchase?
No. Gift Cards are partially redeemable. Within the Gift Card's validity period, any available balance can be used for multiple purchases at any participating merchant.
- Can The MICHELIN Gift Card be reloaded with value?
No, these Gift Cards cannot be re-loaded.
- Does The MICHELIN Gift Card expire?
Yes, a Gift Card will expire 36 months (3 years) from the date of issuance.
- What happens if I have not used all of the funds when The MICHELIN Gift Card expires?
Whatever value is left on the Gift Card after its expiry will not be available to you. We encourage you to use your Gift Card before it expires.
- Do I receive change on a MICHELIN Gift Card transaction?
No. The Gift Card can be used until the balance reaches a nil value, no matter how small the balance.
- What if the value of the purchase I want to make is greater than the value/balance on The MICHELIN Gift Card?
You will need to supplement the additional value with cash or another payment method that is accepted by the merchant.
- What happens if I lose The MICHELIN Gift Card or it is stolen?
Lost, stolen, damaged or expired Gift Cards cannot be replaced or refunded. Please refer to the terms and conditions at www.promo.michelin.com.au/terms-and-conditions
- Are there terms & conditions that apply to The MICHELIN Gift Card?
Yes, a brief summary of the terms & conditions are printed on the back of the Gift Card. You can view the full terms & conditions at www.promo.michelin.com.au/terms-and-conditions
- Are there any fees for using The MICHELIN Gift Card or checking the Gift Card balance or transaction history?
No, there are no fees associated with use of The MICHELIN Gift Card or checking the Gift Card's balance or transactions.
- Can The MICHELIN Gift Card be used to make purchases online?
No. The Gift Card can only be used when the physical card is present.
- What happens if an item was purchased with The MICHELIN Gift Card and needs to be returned?
Each merchant will handle returns as per their own policies and may issue a cash refund or store credit. Funds cannot be returned to the Gift Card.
- Can The MICHELIN Gift Card be used for direct debit bill paying, like a phone or internet bill?
No, the Gift Card cannot be used for recurring payments or direct debit bills. However, if it is a once off payment and is made in person, for example at the post office, where the store accepts EFTPOS payments - you may then use the Gift Card for this purpose, subject to the merchant's discretion.